The YOU ROCK SCHOLARSHIP is here!
Join in on the fun! Submit a short technology-inspired video, created on your smartphone, by February 28, 2020 for your chance to win a $500 scholarship.
How much is the scholarship?
OmniTel will be awarding NINE scholarships, each at $500. One winner from each school listed below will be selected.
What is the due date?
All online applications must be submitted before 11:59 PM on February 28, 2020. Winners will be announced late-March 2020.
Am I eligible to participate?
You must be a high school senior at one of the following schools and reside in OmniTel’s service area. Make sure to check out the full rules below for all the details though. Still have questions? Give us a call at (641) 749-2531 or (641) 765-4201.
Central Springs | East Mills | Interstate 35 | Martensdale – St. Marys
North Butler | Riceville | Riverside CSD | Rockford | St Ansgar
How do I participate?
It’s simple. Show off your creativity. And have fun!
1. Create a short (minimum 3 minute) video that is inspired by technology. The video can really be about the internet or technology in general but should have a theme or answer a question. Here are some sample questions (themes) to get your creativity flowing:
- Why is the internet important to enhancing relationships between generations?
- How does the internet impact different generations?
- How has the internet improved our society?
- How does technology inspire or transform creativity?
The video will be a big consideration in the scholarship awarding, so adding animations and/or music and other effects is highly encouraged. The video should be made with a smartphone or tablet. It should not be created with professional equipment or software, but you are encouraged to use a basic video editing app on your smart device. The main idea is to use what is at your fingertips (smartphone or tablet) to show your creativity, talk about technology, inspire thought, and have some fun.
- Add your video to your or your parents YouTube account.
- Gather ONE letter of recommendation from a teacher, coach, or mentor.
- Complete the online application below before February 28, 2020.