OmniTel’s Personal Emergency Response System (PERS)
OmniTel’s PERS Reduces the Risk of Living at Home Alone
PERS (Personal Emergency Response System) is a companion system designed to support people in their home environment. With PERS, you or your loved one can be connected to a trained professional with the touch of a button, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The easy to use portable transmitter can be worn on the wrist or around the neck.
If you or someone you love lives alone or has health concerns, let OmniTel’s PERS share in the care with an extra pair of helping hands that reduces the risk of living alone.
Quick Response and Easy to Use – With just the touch of a button, help can be on the way. Push the ‘Help’ button on your waterproof portable transmitter (wristband or pendant), and OmniTel’s 24/7 Monitoring Center is alerted.
Always Connected – Our trained staff is always on – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The system cannot be switched off.
Unlike other companion systems that arrive in the mail requiring you to set them up, with OmniTel’s Personal Emergency Response System, a trained technician will deliver, set-up, install, train and answer your questions. With OmniTel’s PERS, you can rest assured that your system is working properly. We are the local company that you have grown to trust.
Easily Expandable – Expand your system with the following options:
Flood Detector – Ideally suited for a wide range of applications including laundry rooms, basements and bathrooms.
Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detector – Added protection for those who have become less aware of their surroundings.
How PERS works:
- In the event of an emergency, the subscriber touches the ‘Help’ button on the portable transmitter or the ‘+’ on the control panel.
- A 2-way voice session between the subscriber and a trained professional at OmniTel’s 24/7 Monitoring Center is instantly established.
- The trained professional verifies that the event is an actual emergency.
- The trained professional then carries out an already established set of procedures, either contacting the people on the subscribers call list (via text messages or phone calls) or notifying the authorities.
- The trained professional stays on the line until help arrives.
- In the event that there is an alert initiated but no verbal contact between the subscriber and our trained professional, OmniTel’s operator will assume there is an emergency and will contact the authorities immediately.
Note: OmniTel’s PERS has a one-time delivery, set up, installation and training charge of $75.00.