The Emergency Broadband Benefit Program
Save on internet service
WHAT IS THE EMERGENCY BROADBAND BENEFIT PROGRAM?
This is a national FCC program to help households pay for internet service during the pandemic.
- The program will provide a discount of up to $50 per month toward broadband service for eligible households.
- The discount will be available towards the 50 MBPS & 100 MBPS Internet packages.
- The Emergency Broadband Beneﬁt is limited to one monthly service discount per household.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR THE EMERGENCY BROADBAND BENEFIT PROGRAM?
Household eligibility requires at least one of the following qualifications:
- Qualifies for Lifeline Benefits through participation in SNAP, Medicaid, Supplemental Security Income, Federal Public Housing Assistance, or Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit;
- Participates in one of several Tribal specific programs: Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Tribal Head Start (only households meeting the relevant income qualifying standard), Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF), Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations;
- Receives benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision, or did so in the 2019-2020 school year;
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year;
- Experienced a substantial loss of income since February 29, 2020 and the household had a total income in 2020 below $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers; or
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating providers’ existing low-income or COVID-19 program.
HOW DO YOU SIGN UP FOR THE EMERGENCY BROADBAND BENEFIT PROGRAM?
Starting May 12, 2021 you can apply here: getemergencybroadband.org
Limited time offer. This program may not be available in all areas. Eligible zip codes include the following: 50240, 50241, 50257, 50426, 50435, 50454, 50455, 50458, 50461, 50464, 50466, 50467, 50468, 50471, 50472, 50476, 50636, 50653, 51533, 51541, 51645.
Please contact our customer service team at the Nora Springs Office – (641) 749-2531 or the Truro Office – (641) 765-4201.