What is the Affordable Connectivity Program?

The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is a Federal Communications Commission (FCC) program that replaces the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program (EBB Program) to help low-income households pay for internet service and connected devices.

If your household is eligible, you can receive:

  • Up to a $30/month discount on your internet service
  • Up to a $75/month discount if your household is on qualifying Tribal lands

Here are the ways your household can qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP):

  • Based on your household income
  • If you or your child or dependent participate in certain government assistance programs such as SNAP, Medicaid, WIC, or other programs
  • If you or your child or dependent already receives a Lifeline benefit

Based on Your Income

You can get ACP if your income is 200% or less than the Federal Poverty Guidelines (see the table below). The guideline is based on your household size and state.

The table below reflects 200% of the 2021 Federal Poverty Guidelines.

Household Size 48 Contiguous States, D.C., and Territories Alaska Hawaii
1 $25,760 $32,180 $29,640
2 $34,840 $43,540 $40,080
3 $43,920 $54,900 $50,520
4 $53,000 $66,260 $60,960
5 $62,080 $77,620 $71,400
6 $71,160 $88,980 $81,840
7 $80,240 $100,340 $92,280
8 $89,320 $111,700 $102,720
For each additional person, add: $9,080 $11,360 $10,440

You may have to show proof of income, like a tax return or three consecutive pays stubs, when you apply for ACP.

If You Participate in Certain Government Assistance Programs Such As SNAP, Medicaid, WIC, or Other Programs

Federal Assistance Programs

You can get ACP if you (or someone in your household) participate in one of these programs:

  • Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly known as Food Stamps
  • Medicaid
  • Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
  • Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
  • Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
  • Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit
  • Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program, including at U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Community Eligibility Provision schools in the 2019-20, 2020-21, or 2021-22 school year
  • Received a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year

You may need to show a card, letter, or official document as proof that you participate in one of these programs when you apply for the ACP.

Tribal Assistance Programs

If you live on qualifying Tribal lands, you can get ACP if your household income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, or if you (or someone in your household) participate in:

  • Any of the federal assistance programs listed above
  • Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
  • Head Start (only households meeting the income qualifying standard)
  • Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
  • Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations

You may have to show proof of participation, like a benefit letter or official document, when you apply for ACP.  Learn more about the Tribal Benefit.

If You Already Receive a Lifeline Benefit

Lifeline is a Federal Communications Commission program to help make communications services more affordable for low-income consumers. If you currently receive a Lifeline benefit, you automatically qualify for the ACP, and you can receive both benefits at the same time. You can apply your ACP benefit and your Lifeline benefit to the same or separate services. Talk to your internet company to learn how to start receiving ACP discounts.

Qualify Through Your Child or Dependent

Any member of your household can make your household eligible if they participate in one of the programs above. For example, if your child or dependent participates in the Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or is enrolled in a USDA Community Eligibility Provision school, your household qualifies for the ACP benefit.

How Do You Sign Up For The Affordable Connectivity Program?

Starting December 31, 2021 you can apply here:  https://www.checklifeline.org/lifeline/?id=nv_flow&ebbp=true

Limited time offer. This program may not be available in all areas. Eligible zip codes include the following: 50240, 50241, 50257, 50426, 50435, 50454, 50455, 50458, 50461, 50464, 50466, 50467, 50468, 50471, 50472, 50476, 50636, 50653, 51533, 51541, 51645.


Please contact our customer service team at the Nora Springs Office – (641) 749-2531 or the Truro Office – (641) 765-4201.